Sunday 2 April 2017

Importance of cellphones

So in our recent class we were taught about how cellphones/smartphones has become an integral part of our daily lives.
This is so true...when I was younger there was a television program called "Beyond 2000", it was a program that looked at how scientific interventions would impact our lives beyond the year 2000. One of the programs was how they compared this hand held device with one of the hand held devices they use to use on star trek. Saying that, everything you need could be accesed through that hand held device. Now in the year 2017, it seems as if the smartphone is that hand held device that we are accessing everything we can, on it. Shopping, downloading songs and movies and listening and watchig it. We even are downloading e-books and reading them. Downloading games and playing it on our smartphones. Using it as a gprs device. It really has become a handheld device where we can access so many things on.

My other memory I hold dear to my heart is when I thimk of cellphones is, my late mom. She totally refused to adapt to the digital age and refused to learn how to operate a cellphone, even though it could have made so many things lighter for her. Like keeping in contact with friends and family and accessing new recipes on You tube.

Its amazing how in life in such a short period of time, how dependent we have become on it. Personally I rank it at Number three as the most usefull device invented by man, after the wheel (no.1 spot)  and the fridge (no.2 spot).

Whatssap on my smartphone is my most favourite app. on it,  it's got our family group on it, so I'm also updated on my family's shannanigans. My kids cresche group is also on it, including the group at work too. I'm inlove with it because it's so convenient. I can also access my gmail account and don't need to go to an internet cafe as previous to access my e-mails.

Im loving it, that I can access www.lib.uwc.ac.za on it as well.



2 comments:

  1. online communication.......#the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Soemyha, thanks for sharing. I remember in the beginning our parents didn't allow us to use social networks because they thought it has negative impact in our lives. Look at us now we can't live without. And the improvement with the cellphones is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete